Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Battery power
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AADIVER
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
966 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/30/2007 :  23:50:35  Show Profile  Visit AADIVER's Homepage
FWIW, I have a single Group 24 inclosed gel battery that's kept topped off with a 5 watt solar panel mounted at the rear of my starboard catbird seat, plus the charging when I run my Tohatsu 9.8 electric start o.b. My interior lights are dual LED's and incandescents. I have no other power drains, K.I.S.S. being my mantra. Only electronics are a hand held rechargable ICOM VHS (which I won at the Catalina Rendezvous), an AA battery powered GPS, and a C battery powered AM/FM radio. I cruise to escape electronic gizmo entrapment

Frank Farmer
Long Beach, CA
aa.diver@verizon.net
http://mysite.verizon.net/aa.diver

PRETTY PENNY
'01 C-250 WK, Hull #558

Edited by - on

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 07/31/2007 :  09:54:40  Show Profile
Interesting Frank. I went just the opposite with my C-25. I have two Group 27 batteries that power my running lights, spreader light, anchor light, compass light, 5 interior lights, (all lights incandescent), AM/FM/CD Stereo, VHF Radio, fishfinder/GPS, depthfinder, auto-pilot, phone charging and the occasional laptop. I charge them at the dock using an older Guest charger that allows the running of electrical devices while charging or with the charging circuit off my outboard (which does not have electric starting). I carry hand-held GPS and VHF radios as backups to my hard wired units. Different folks, different strokes.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 07/31/2007 :  19:37:29  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Way to go Joe, sounds like all you are missing is a 12v blender

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tom Potter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1913 Posts

Response Posted - 07/31/2007 :  22:03:59  Show Profile
I prefer the gas powered blender myself.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 07/31/2007 :  22:36:53  Show Profile
Better yet, the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yO3W8KS_MM"]jet-powered blender[/URL].

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Cavitating
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
47 Posts

Response Posted - 08/09/2007 :  17:18:20  Show Profile
Joe:
I have all of the above plus a Waeco portable fridge/freezer a Charles 20 amp 3 bank charger with 3 size 31 batteries, water pressure system with a fawcet in the stern, a window air conditioner for the hot/humid florida nights and a Honda 2000 generator to run the a/c and charge the batteries.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 08/09/2007 :  17:43:26  Show Profile
Then I think you need to go back and rethink your forum name. I suggest "General Electric"!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Steve Blackburn
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1091 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2007 :  00:16:52  Show Profile  Visit Steve Blackburn's Homepage
Bah, that's nothing! A guy at our lake shows movies on Saturday nights. I'm talking about a digital projector and 60" screen here. It's like going to the drive-in except it's 40-60 year olds in sailboats. No necking thank god! Pretty cool actualy and I'm not kidding.

You Americans need to catch up here. ;-)

Edited by - Steve Blackburn on 08/10/2007 00:19:29
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2007 :  06:50:38  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cavitating</i>
<br />...with a fawcet in the stern...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This one?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Cavitating
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
47 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2007 :  09:01:18  Show Profile
I wish, but the one I have looks more like this:
http://www.doh.state.fl.us/family/PHHsbg/dental.gif

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tom Potter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1913 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2007 :  11:35:47  Show Profile
I like Dave's "Fawcet" better!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2007 :  12:12:28  Show Profile
That's a fawcet that turns YOU on!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Steve Blackburn
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1091 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2007 :  21:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Steve Blackburn's Homepage
We don't have fawcets like that in Canada :-(

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page