Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 OMC motor bracket, pn175556 no more
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/10/2010 :  09:50:43  Show Profile
I used to have this bracket on a previous C25 and loved it. Have been searching for another for a recently acquired C25 - but a dealer said that the replacement hydraulic assist was no longer available - and Bombardier confirms this.

So, if the gas filled shock goes bad (and it is not servicable) you are stuck with a worthless $952.75 motor bracket. No surprise that once the current inventory of brackets runs out - they will not produce more.

Oh well, I guess the Garelick 71091 it will be!

Edited by - on

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 02/10/2010 :  10:43:12  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Well, I can vouch for the Garelick, that's the same one I have. Other than occasionally being a bit of a pain to lock all the way down and get all the way back up, I like it. I think I just haven't used it enough to know all it's little tricks.

It seems counter intuitive to have to push away and down to lower it, and push away & pull up to raise it for some reason. I completely understand why it's necessary (the detents only go in one way, so it has to be pushed away to disengage them), but when operating it it just feels "wrong". Maybe it's just me. It would feel more natural to me to pull up and in to raise it, and push down & out to lower it. Maybe I'm just hard to please. I always feel like I'm about to push myself over the stern when I'm trying to raise it.

Other than that quirk, I like how deep it gets my prop into the water, and it's solid as a rock. No corrosion after two years or so in a brackish environment, although it gets rained on enough to keep it relatively salt free.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page