Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 location of bilge boards/access
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonfew346
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
33 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/06/2010 :  12:14:27  Show Profile
Does the C25 have bilge boards or access from the cabin sole? My 78 has a faux wood floor and I wanted to see if there was bilge access before I rip the floor up.

Jonathan Chattanooga,TN 1978 C25 SK/SR/Dinette
MC Scow 1341

Edited by - on

jerlim
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1484 Posts

Response Posted - 12/06/2010 :  14:08:13  Show Profile
yes, there are usually several...what is your year and model?...check the on-line parts catalog...click link on left 'Manuals and Brochures'

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9016 Posts

Response Posted - 12/06/2010 :  15:18:31  Show Profile
Also, which interior do you have--Dinette, Traditional or "L"?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 12/06/2010 :  16:56:56  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jonfew346</i>
<br />Does the C25 have bilge boards or access from the cabin sole? My 78 has a faux wood floor and I wanted to see if there was bilge access before I rip the floor up.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">What part of the bilge are you wanting to access?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 12/06/2010 :  18:00:11  Show Profile
What lake are you on in Chattanooga? Sailing out of Privateer Yacht Club by any chance? We've been up there several times for races Catalina 22.
The guys above are asking the questions because sometimes the answer may depend on which year and model boat you have. Catalina produced several different versions of the C-25 over the years responding to customer demand.

Edited by - dmpilc on 12/06/2010 18:03:00
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9016 Posts

Response Posted - 12/06/2010 :  19:59:57  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmpilc</i>
<br />...The guys above are asking the questions because sometimes the answer may depend on which year and model boat you have...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">...in particular, the bilge access varies based on the arrangement of the "furniture" in the cabin (specifically the port side).

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 12/06/2010 20:01:31
Go to Top of Page

jonfew346
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
33 Posts

Response Posted - 12/18/2010 :  07:43:07  Show Profile
Yes I do sail out of PYC. This is a 1978 boat with the dinette layout. The only way I have found to access the spine of the boat is through an opening near the volcano tube. I attach a piece of hose to my shop vac.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mmac
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
168 Posts

Response Posted - 12/19/2010 :  18:51:14  Show Profile
I have a '79 with a dinette-the one with the fore and aft seats not the L-shape one. I reach my bilge under the dinette seats. My cabin sole has been carpeted since I've owned the boat. I don't recall any bilge hatches in the sole.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page