Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Amazing sailing documentary - Ah to be young!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redviking
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
1771 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/28/2011 :  11:39:35  Show Profile
http://vimeo.com/15351476

Truly an amazing adventure...

sten

Edited by - on

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2011 :  13:37:25  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage
An awesome story so far Sten! (32 minutes in) will have to watch the rest later. Thanks.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2011 :  15:17:20  Show Profile
Gutsy and adventurous, maybe a little crazy, too. Definitely free spirits opposed to most of the norms of society and the concept of private property, not to mention the rule of law.
I liked the idea of using a bag of bricks to help hold the anchor down.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ruachwrights
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
258 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2011 :  15:34:50  Show Profile  Visit ruachwrights's Homepage
Made it to the 25 minute mark. Inspiring. Like Ira Glass of This American Life meets I don't know, some one more with a bit more chutzpah. Funny, I've been eying a few old P 32's myself. Much nicer ones for many more thousands... A shame our boats are not a bit more Ocean ready. This year I do hope to get a little further out. I'll be sure to show this to my 14 year old son. Maybe I should wait till after he graduates from college...

Vern Wright

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ruachwrights
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
258 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2011 :  18:59:36  Show Profile  Visit ruachwrights's Homepage
After finishing the vid. I was a. more impressed with the creator. Clearly the authors passion for sailing goes beyond the voyage of the Pestilence. The documentary is more than a documentary- like beautiful happy picture one runs across after a death or a divorce. b. I was disappointed that he himself did not hold fast. The ending is so abrupt. Maybe he just got dehydrated or the crew was not able to get along. Maybe they need more meds.

Curious to know what he is doing now.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redviking
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1771 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2011 :  06:32:50  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ruachwrights</i>
<br />After finishing the vid. I was a. more impressed with the creator. Clearly the authors passion for sailing goes beyond the voyage of the Pestilence. The documentary is more than a documentary- like beautiful happy picture one runs across after a death or a divorce. b. I was disappointed that he himself did not hold fast. The ending is so abrupt. Maybe he just got dehydrated or the crew was not able to get along. Maybe they need more meds.

Curious to know what he is doing now.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The end was weird - the whole Haiti trip really didn't fit. Maybe the girls wanted some time alone. What was going on? Was it all platonic?

Mike - Moxie, has been and is still a squatter near SF - according to his website. http://www.blueanarchy.org/

He apparently is positively brilliant in the 'puter department... www.thoughtcrime.org This guy eats code for breakfast. http://www.thoughtcrime.org/software.html

sten

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page