Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Tough C25.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

keeldad
1st Mate

Members Avatar

84 Posts

Response Posted - 11/13/2012 :  09:02:40  Show Profile
They finally got her off the pilings last night. Still no apparent damage but I haven't been able to give her a good hard look until the yard can her back properly on her cradle.
Rick, I think the black space you are talking about is the clearance for the swing keel.
Jim, Good to see you back, you kind of fell off the face of the earth this summer and I was wondering if you had a good first season with Dragon Wing.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JimGo
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
962 Posts

Response Posted - 11/13/2012 :  11:08:25  Show Profile
Thanks John. It was a good season, right up to the end. [URL="http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25913"]Then things kind of took a turn for the worse.[/url] Glad to hear the Emery C is still safe; I hope your inspection shows her to be in excellent condition.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JimGo
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
962 Posts

Response Posted - 11/13/2012 :  11:13:21  Show Profile
John, I forgot to thank you for the hard work you've been doing in getting power back to the state. My dad is in North Jersey and was without power for over a week. Every time a power truck came by (he's on a main road) he was sure to say a prayer for the folks inside. Partly for selfish reasons (if you aren't safe, his power isn't coming back on!), but also because he knew that you guys were putting in long hours and doing your best to get everything working. I know the hard work isn't quite over yet - hopefully you'll get some R&R soon.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

keeldad
1st Mate

Members Avatar

84 Posts

Response Posted - 11/13/2012 :  12:58:37  Show Profile
Jim. So sorry to see Dragon Wing in that condition. I know you put in a lot of effort and work in getting her down there this year. Hopefully you can get an answer from your insurance company and move forward soon. If you need me to check on her or do something there, let me know. Because of the detour on Somers Pt/Mays Landing Rd (From Hurricane Irene) I've generally been going another way to work but I can swing by that way if you need me to. Call me at six oh nine two oh four three zero one eight if you need something done there.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 11/13/2012 :  13:57:23  Show Profile
Glad to read she is off the pilings. That's got to be a relief. Hope the damages are only minor.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JimGo
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
962 Posts

Response Posted - 11/13/2012 :  14:19:16  Show Profile
Thanks John. I should hear from the insurance company today or tomorrow, then I'll know better what I'm going to do.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

capted
1st Mate

Members Avatar

39 Posts

Response Posted - 11/15/2012 :  20:40:26  Show Profile
Don't think there's any problem. It's a swing keel and the black space is where the keel swings.
Ed

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page