Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Spliced in an extra 150' of 3/8" nylon to my rode
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Member Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Initially Posted - 08/03/2013 :  17:24:10  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
I've been meaning to add to my "lunch hook" anchor rode for some time, and came across a good deal on some "marine" 3/8" nylon at Cabela's a couple of weeks ago & picked up a 150' coil of it. Took it down to the boat today & spliced it into my old rode. Now I've got 240' of 3/8" nylon or so, and 30' of chain attached to my Fortress anchor.

I also cleaned up the ends of both my bow & stern lines, they'd both started fraying. Now they've got nice neat ends and some nice whipping (not as nice as the other splice thread, but certainly serviceable).

It was a bit of a squeeze getting everything into the locker, but it went, and with a bit better line control it'll actually fit quite nicely.

David
C-250 Mainsheet Editor

Sirius Lepak
1997 C-250 WK TR #271 --Seattle area Port Captain --

Edited by - delliottg on 08/05/2013 20:42:49

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 08/06/2013 :  04:12:17  Show Profile
nicely done Dave

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page