Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Boat finally ready for water
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hewebb
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/06/2013 :  05:15:30  Show Profile
New engine is in and running. While engine was being rebuilt (sent to Ohio) I replaced everything in the engine compartment so all would be new at the same time. Also, I decided to complete a lot of my want list. Added; additional halyard forward, topping lift thru mast to cockpit, double exit blocks to mast base, new lines for all 4 halyards. four rope clutches to cabin top, new mast head sheaves, new compass in cockpit, new anchor chain and rode with a spare set and all new cushions. During all this we took a two month RV trip to escape some of the Texas heat. Today the boat was to go to the lake and I pulled a leg muscle last night and can hardly walk this morning (S**t) New tachometer arrived and is broke in the box. Got to get a lot of sailing from this boat to recover the cost.

1988 WK/SR w/inboard diesel Joe Pool Lake
Hobie 18 Lake Worth

Life is not a dress rehearsal. You will not get another chance.

Edited by - hewebb on 09/06/2013 05:24:05

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/06/2013 :  05:24:24  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hewebb</i>
<br />New engine is in and running. While engine was being rebuilt (sent to Ohio) I replaced everything in the engine compartment so all would be new at the same time. Also, I decided to complete a lot of my want list. Added; additional halyard forward, topping lift thru mast to cockpit, double exit blocks to mast base, new lines for all 4 halyards. four rope clutches to cabin top, new mast head sheaves, new compass in cockpit, new anchor chain and rode with a spare set and all new cushions. During all this we took a two month RV trip to escape some of the Texas heat. Today the boat was to go to the lake and I pulled a leg muscle last night and can hardly walk this morning (S**t) New tachometer arrived and is broke in the box. Got to get a lot of sailing from this boat to recover the cost.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sorry to hear about your leg. Hope it heals quickly!

New cushions look great!

If you can wait about a month I'll be up in Denton for a wedding. I could come over and help you get it launched.

Edited by - GaryB on 09/06/2013 05:25:00
Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 09/06/2013 :  05:29:05  Show Profile
I will probably have it wet before then, but would be glad to have you go sailing if you get the time. Will keep the boat at Arlington Yacht Club boat yard rigged on trailer. My plan is to take it to several other lakes for several days at a time.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/06/2013 :  12:33:32  Show Profile
I'd love to go out with you. I'll let you know if I get a chance to break free.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 09/06/2013 :  19:25:06  Show Profile
Everything in your picture looks first rate Howard.

Edited by - OJ on 09/07/2013 16:55:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page