Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 110 JIB wanted
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ftworthsailor
Captain

Member Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/30/2013 :  14:54:12  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
I am looking for a hank-on 110 or 130 JIB for my C-25. My budget holds me to about $250. as I will have you send it to SailCare for repairs and re-resining. Thanks
R

Catalina 25, Hull #779, Built 1978, FK/SR "Miss Natalie"

Catalina 25, Hull #971, Built 1979, SK/SR,"Sea Legs"

"if we get lost, we'll just pull in somewhere and ask directions."

Edited by - on

John Russell
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3444 Posts

Response Posted - 09/30/2013 :  15:21:45  Show Profile
I would give the guys at National Sail Supply a call. they have a standard working jib for $450. After you pay $250 for a used sail then another $200 at Sailcare you may as well have purchased a new sail. I assume that their standard working jib is a 110.

Edited by - John Russell on 09/30/2013 15:23:24
Go to Top of Page

MrKawfey
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
124 Posts

Response Posted - 09/30/2013 :  16:21:54  Show Profile
I have a 110 hank on that is in decent shape if you are interested. We switched to a roller furling 135 a couple of years ago.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 09/30/2013 :  18:43:31  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Sure... What are you asking and what condition is it in? contact me via email or my phone number. Thanks.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/30/2013 :  18:56:24  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ftworthsailor</i>
<br />I am looking for a hank-on 110 or 130 JIB for my C-25. My budget holds me to about $250. as I will have you send it to SailCare for repairs and re-resining. Thanks
R
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This may be your lucky day! I'm going to be in Denton Thursday thru at least Saturday (maybe Sunday morning) for a wedding and I have a hank-on 110 and 150. I'd take $250 for the 110 and $300 for the 150. Both have Tail-Tells.

They are original to the boat ('89) but in what I consider good condition, especially the 110 (I'm not an expert). I rarely used it so it's had almost no use during the past 6 years that I've owned it and I don't think it had a lot of use before that. Probably needs to be cleaned but not sure it needs to go to Sailcare.

The 150 needs a small section of the leach re-sewn where it got caught on the spreader. It's just where the stitching came loose where the sail is folded over the leach line, not the main part of the sail. I put sail tape on it when it happened and sailed another year or two before putting on a furler.

Neither of these sails have been used during the past 2-1/2 years since I got the furler. They've been stored upstairs in their sail bags in an environmentally controlled bedroom out of the sunlight.

Let me know if you're interested and maybe we can meet someplace around DFW or something.

BTW, these are for a standard rig so they should fit your boat.

Edited by - GaryB on 09/30/2013 19:00:13
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/01/2013 :  08:26:09  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
I am definitely interested in the 110.

My budget is only $250. expecting to refurb it for another $150. If your 110 is in very good condition so I don't need it cleaned and refurbed, I can go for the main. So..... unless you would consider $400 for both sails, Ill have to stick to the 110 @ $250.

I work in West Fort Worth near where the 35W and 30 meet. I can come meet you any day between 11am and 12:30. Otherwise Thurs through Saturday afternoons 5pm-6pm.

Also need to make sure that the sail is fitted for a standard rig C-25, as mine is.

Edited by - ftworthsailor on 10/08/2013 09:16:24
Go to Top of Page

MrKawfey
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
124 Posts

Response Posted - 10/01/2013 :  09:53:16  Show Profile
Let me know if it doesn't work out with Gary and we can talk price and condition. It's packed away in the sail bag right now and I can pull it out for pictures if needed.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/01/2013 :  11:22:37  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
will do....

I just need to make sure that whichever sail I buy, will fit my standard rig. I made the mistake of buying a jib that is for a tall rig.....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/01/2013 :  17:07:26  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ftworthsailor</i>
<br />I am definitely interested in the 110.

My budget is only $250. expecting to refurb it for another $150. If your 110 is in very good condition so I don't need it cleaned and refurbed, I can go for the main. So..... unless you would consider $400 for both sails, Ill have to stick to the 110 @ $250.

I work in West Fort Worth near where the 35W and 30 meet. I can come meet you any day between 11am and 12:30. Otherwise Thurs through Saturday afternoons 5pm-6pm.

Also need to make sure that the sail is fitted for a standard rig C-25, as mine is.

817- two zero five - 110 four
Hi Roy, I'll try to give you a call during the day tomorrow.

My sails are for a standard rig.

Honestly, I haven't looked at either sail since I put them in the bag a couple of years ago. If I get a chance tomorrow evening I'll pull them out of the bag and take a couple of pictures so you can get a glimpse of the condition.

I should be able to run down 35W and meet you somewhere near Fort Worth. Most likely it would be Saturday. What lake are you on, maybe we could meet at the marina where you could test fit one or both. If you like what you see great, if not no biggie.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/02/2013 :  07:49:42  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Saturday morning, I will be at the Lake Worth Sailing Club (www.lakeworthsailingclub.org) at about 8am. I will be starting the "Sailing4Heroes" program at 10am with a lunch break at 12noon. Come to the lake and we can test-fit your sail on my boat (and if you have a free hour, we can go for a quick sail).

I will also be at the marina on Friday anytime after 4pm. Come see our facility. See maps to us on our Contact Us page at the web site.

Edited by - ftworthsailor on 10/02/2013 08:22:38
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2013 :  18:34:15  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Well, I guess Gary didn't get a chance to call me or come to the marina...... so I am still looking for my sail....

R

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2013 :  18:57:05  Show Profile
<br />Well, I guess Gary didn't get a chance to call me or come to the marina...... so I am still looking for my sail....

R

Sorry Ron, we did come up to Denton for the wedding but I accidentally left my laptop at home and didn't have any way of getting in touch with you. The other issue was it turned into one of those weekends that you do whatever the wife asks (we all have to do those from time to time) so you can go sailing next week.

I can try to get some pictures of the sail tomorrow night if I get home in time. If you are interested we can work out someway to get it to you. $250 is my bottom price.

Did you get to put on your event yesterday with the weather that moved through? There was a lot of thunder and lightning in Denton yesterday morning.

Once again I apologize for not getting in touch with you.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2013 :  09:20:29  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Hi. Gary. I understand your dilemma and priorities.

Yes, I was at the club both days hoping that you might make a showing. The Sailing 4 Heroes program was another success with only one issue. One of our boats snapped her port outer shroud and her mast came tumbling down.... no one was injured, however it definitely was an eye awakening experience. We had a couple of veteran sailors onboard this boat and they turned what could have been a harrowing experience into a great learning experience for everyone involved. By the time the rescue boat got out to render assistance, the boat was already under power, on its way back to the marina.

Send pictures and now, an estimate for how much it will cost to ship your sail to me.

ROY

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2013 :  18:22:39  Show Profile
<br />Hi. Gary. I understand your dilemma and priorities.

Yes, I was at the club both days hoping that you might make a showing. The Sailing 4 Heroes program was another success with only one issue. One of our boats snapped her port outer shroud and her mast came tumbling down.... no one was injured, however it definitely was an eye awakening experience. We had a couple of veteran sailors onboard this boat and they turned what could have been a harrowing experience into a great learning experience for everyone involved. By the time the rescue boat got out to render assistance, the boat was already under power, on its way back to the marina.

Send pictures and now, an estimate for how much it will cost to ship your sail to me.

ROY
I didn't get home until after dark today so couldn't take pictures. I will take the sails to work with me tomorrow and get pictures during the middle of the day so you can get a good look at the sail in bright light.

Do you want me to email the pictures to an email address or post here on the forum?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/08/2013 :  07:07:03  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
You can send it to xxxxxx
I will remove this email address after today.

Edited by - ftworthsailor on 10/09/2013 07:42:06
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/08/2013 :  19:19:58  Show Profile
<br />You can send it to roy@hinrichs-usa.com

I will remove this email address after today.

I tried to email the pictures to you but they were too big to go through so I uploaded them to the Photo Gallery.

The sail is in much better condition than I thought it was and I probably did not ask enough for it but "it is what it is". If you don't want the sail for some reason the price is going up to the next person or I may have it converted so I can use it on my furler.

Also, unless you're really picky I don't think the sail needs to go to Sailcare but I'll leave that decision up to you.

The dark little spec's you see in some of the pictures are small bugs (almost like gnats) that were in the grass and blades of grass, not stains.

Once your in my gallery you can double click on the big pictures for an up-close and personal look at the sail.

The Post Office could not give me a price for shipping without the weight of the package and your Zip Code but guesstimated between $30 & $35..

Here's the link to the photo gallery --&gt;&gt; [url="https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_gallery.cgi"]Photo Gallery[/url]

Edited by - GaryB on 10/08/2013 21:12:29
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/09/2013 :  07:42:32  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Looks great, Gary. Ill take it. I sent you an email with my address, etc.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/10/2013 :  16:31:52  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Uhhh...... Gary? Are you selling me the Jib or not? Have not heard from you either here or by email. Please advise....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/13/2013 :  18:31:17  Show Profile
<br />Uhhh...... Gary? Are you selling me the Jib or not? Have not heard from you either here or by email. Please advise....
Sent you an email. Let me know if you got it.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/13/2013 :  19:02:21  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Nothing yet....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/13/2013 :  19:48:49  Show Profile
<br />Nothing yet....
Should be coming across shortly. I'm learning a new email system and have had problems getting it to work correctly. I think I have it fixed now.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/13/2013 :  21:12:01  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Finally got your email and responded. Yes. Ill take it. Please let me know how to pay and how much total.

Roy

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/15/2013 :  19:19:34  Show Profile
<br />Finally got your email and responded. Yes. Ill take it. Please let me know how to pay and how much total.

Roy
Sent you an email this evening.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/16/2013 :  11:34:54  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Payment made via PayPal. Thank you, Gary.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 10/17/2013 :  14:46:36  Show Profile
<br />Payment made via PayPal. Thank you, Gary.

Thank YOU Ron.

I apologize that this has taken so long.

I was going to ship the sail yesterday but the chemical plant directly behind my office had a "release" yesterday and we had to shelter in place during lunch.

I did ship it today via USPS priority mail. They said you will get it Saturday or Monday. The girl thought most likely you will get it Saturday. Postage was $25.00 and someone will have to sign for it when it arrives. I'll refund the $5.00 balance via PayPal if you email me your PayPal address.

I'll email you a scanned copy of the receipt which also has a tracking number on it so you can see when it will be delivered.

I threw in the sail bag for my 150 genoa so the sail would not get dirty in the box (least I could do since you've had to wait so long). About 6" of the bottom seam needs to be restitched but overall it's not in bad shape for free.

Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think once you get to try it out.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 10/31/2013 :  10:47:27  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Gary,
Just wanted to let you know that I received the sail and it looks great. I also noticed that, when I connect to the deck shackle, the sail doesn't go all the way to the top of the forestay. Looks to be about a foot or so short. Was it this way on your boat? I haven't been able to go sailing with it yet, however planning to go out, weather allowing, tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Roy

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page