Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 C250 Front Windows
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/06/2014 :  11:03:49  Show Profile
These are factory replacements for the two front windows on a C250. Pre-formed at the factory and with beveled edges. If you replace the front windows on a C250 you can't just use plastic from a shop, they have to be formed to fit the contours of the boat. Comes with two cartridges of adhesive and directions from Catalina. Factory cost is $190 for the windows and $32 for the adhesive. I am selling for $120 for all - including shipping in the US.

Edited by - on

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 01/06/2014 :  14:59:00  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
Randy, That is a great deal.
Steve

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 01/06/2014 :  16:08:54  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Randy,
Got any idea whether these have changed over the years? Mine are kinda crazed and I discovered that spilling acetone on them isn't a good plan. It's not a big spot, but it annoys me. I wonder if these'll fit a '97 model?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 01/06/2014 :  16:38:25  Show Profile
David, I suspect they will fit earlier models but I can't say that with certainty. The fellow I work with at Catalina is Warren Pandy and he could tell you. His # is 727-544-6681 in Largo, FL.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Cerulean II
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
19 Posts

Response Posted - 01/09/2014 :  12:10:04  Show Profile
Randy,

I will take them. You have a private IM from me.

Thanks

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Cerulean II
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
19 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2014 :  19:25:21  Show Profile
Randy,

I have changed my miind on purchasing your windows. That is a Great price, but they would just sit in my building for several years. Mine are not leaking, just dinged up a little and after reading what it takes to change them out, I have decided to not do anymore major work on the boat, just enjoy sailing for at least a couple of years.

Dave

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2014 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Randy,
I am unlikely to install these any time soon either, so if you've got someone lined up for them, don't feel any obligation to hold them for me (not that you did, but just in case).

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2014 :  20:41:38  Show Profile
I also have an interest in these. My port window is cracked (look like a prior owner dropped an anchor shank on it). However, it does not leak at all, so totally cosmetic. I've always wanted to replace it, and this is my golden opportunity. But my todo list is so long I am similarly afraid they might just sit. So I'm thinking about it, and thought I ought to speak up about my interest, tentative as it is.

Randy - What is the expiration date on the 795 sealant? I assume it's black color like the current sealant, right?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 01/13/2014 :  11:38:48  Show Profile
I never even thought of the sealant expiring but I did just check and the "use by" date was July 2013. So, in the trash they go! New price for just the windows, including shipping, is $110.

Now, I know you guys aren't wanting to do the project right now but look at it as an investment. CDs are paying less than 1%. Govt bonds are around 1%. Saving accounts are less than that. Here you can get $190 worth of windows for $110 delivered to your front door. Set them aside and use them when you are ready. It's about a 90% return on your money!

Ben Fernanke would do it if he had a C250.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 01/13/2014 :  11:43:30  Show Profile
90% ROI is about as good as it gets with boats.

FYI, I used to be personal friends with Ben Bernanke. We were neighbors in New Jersey, our daughters were best friends, I went to his son's graduation party at his house. We both moved away from NJ at about the same time, but he got a bigger promotion than I did!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ruachwrights
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
258 Posts

Response Posted - 02/25/2014 :  10:31:08  Show Profile  Visit ruachwrights's Homepage
I have my eye on your windows. I need a new one and will look to purchase in a couple of months.

Vern Wright

Hajime

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 06/26/2014 :  10:18:56  Show Profile
Bump. New price is $100.

Edited by - Nautiduck on 06/26/2014 10:19:27
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 06/26/2014 :  12:33:35  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Totally off topic....

Looking at the pics of the two C250 Forward Window Replacements (that should help SEO for this item)...

Trying to make out the reflection in the windows!

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 06/26/2014 :  12:35:00  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
And Amazon has the gue.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 06/27/2014 :  12:44:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by britinusa

Totally off topic....

Looking at the pics of the two C250 Forward Window Replacements (that should help SEO for this item)...

Trying to make out the reflection in the windows!

Paul

On the top photo - Left one is reflecting our Christmas tree and skylight. Right one is reflecting our fireplace (Mantle is projecting out).

In the second photo - The left is reflecting the tree and the right is reflecting a round window over the fireplace.

Edited by - Nautiduck on 06/27/2014 12:51:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page