Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Greetings
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Waterboy
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
204 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:43:57  Show Profile  Visit Waterboy's Homepage
Hi! After lurking here while I researched trailer-sailers, I find myself the proud new owner of a not so new C-250 WB (formerly azexploder's). I've had the boat out a few times with friends and family incident free thus far, and while it's no J-24, it seems to sail just fine and will make a fine pocket cruiser for this summer's excursions.

I've been adding a few things to prepare for the First Mate's (FM) and my trailer-sailing, and have already added a full head with shower, full electronics including radar, SSB weatherfax, GPS chartplotting, Inmarsat C, autopilot, boom-furling, and a nifty little 250 HP nuclear saildrive which also serves as a generator.

But seriously ... I must admit my inexperience and am approaching this new adventure with both excitement and a degree of trepidation. I'm full of questions, still reading all the posts and archives and will try to not exasperate you all right away.

For starters, let's say you had a 250WB, a half ton pickup, and June through mid-September to go play. Where would you go?

'looking forward to learning much here ...

Edited by - on

Bubba
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
542 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:09:01  Show Profile
Congratulations on the new boat! You already know this is the place to ask questions, but it's also a place to share your adventures.
Since I'm sure you'd like to spend more time sailing than driving, folks need to know approximately where home is. Azexploder's profile shows him in the Phoenix area; Is that where you are?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Buzz Maring
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1764 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2004 :  14:06:40  Show Profile
<font color="blue">I've been adding a few things to prepare for the First Mate's (FM) and my trailer-sailing, and have already added a full head with shower, full electronics including radar, SSB weatherfax, GPS chartplotting, Inmarsat C, autopilot, boom-furling, and a nifty little 250 HP nuclear saildrive which also serves as a generator.

But seriously ... - Waterboy</font id="blue">

Man! You had me going there for a while ... I thought we had another guy like Leon Sisson (The Master Marine Engineer) joining us!

Welcome to the group ... you're going to love your boat!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:32:49  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Waterboy</i>
<br />Hi! After lurking here while I researched trailer-sailers, I find myself the proud new owner of a not so new C-250 WB (formerly azexploder's)...I must admit my inexperience and am approaching this new adventure with both excitement and a degree of trepidation. I'm full of questions, still reading all the posts and archives and will try to not exasperate you all right away...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Exasperate away! I have a tendency to do that on a daily basis!

Anyway, Congrats and welcome to the fleet!

Edited by - dlucier on 02/21/2004 15:34:22
Go to Top of Page

JimB517
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
3285 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:09:33  Show Profile  Visit JimB517's Homepage
Join the San Diego/Mission Bay fleet on our cruise to Catalina Island Aug 2 through 19. Come for all or part. Families, kids, dogs welcome.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ray Seitz
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
416 Posts

Response Posted - 02/21/2004 :  23:26:18  Show Profile
Follow Arlyn to the northern reaches of Lake Michigan & Lake Huron

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mday
Navigator

Members Avatar

197 Posts

Response Posted - 02/23/2004 :  01:17:43  Show Profile
Waterboy,

Is this the same C250 that azexploder just refinished the bottom? Sounds like alot of effort to turn around and sell it! Anyway, I hope you enjoy sailing it as much as I do mine.

Max

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Waterboy
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
204 Posts

Response Posted - 02/25/2004 :  10:09:25  Show Profile  Visit Waterboy's Homepage
Yes Max, same one. I understand the VC-17 is good stuff ... wondering if I should do the rudder too. 'was wondering about the VC-17 too with regards to grounding - it looks like there's a lot of copper in it, but that's a new thread.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 02/25/2004 :  10:15:13  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Waterboy</i>
<br />...I understand the VC-17 is good stuff...wondering if I should do the rudder too. 'was wondering about the VC-17 too with regards to grounding - it looks like there's a lot of copper in it, but that's a new thread.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My C25 rudder has both an epoxy barrier coat and VC17m with Biolux.

As to what happens to the VC17 during a grounding, I don't know but I hope I never find out.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

tinob
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1883 Posts

Response Posted - 02/25/2004 :  12:11:11  Show Profile
Hi Waterboy,

Welcome to the group.

..H-Mmmm "June to September to play" I did that for Fourty years then decided to play full time. Been doing that now thirteen years .

You didn't mention where you are from but in any event should your trailering bring you to New York I'd be glad to show you around.

Val on the hard DAGNABIT

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page