Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Poli-Glow vs NewGlass
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/22/2024 :  17:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This year I purchased a kit from NewGlass to shine up old Passage.
In the past, I used Poli-Glow, but at roughly 1/2 the price, I could not resist the savings.
Practical Sailor rated NewGlass as slightly lower in sheen than Poli-Glow, but said that with careful prep, it’s difficult to tell the difference.
I’ll post my results on my Flickr photos next month, and you can see for yourself whether there’s much of a difference.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 02/26/2024 :  12:21:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An amazing thing happened this morning. The phone rings with a Florida number [not spam] and the voice on the other end says, “Hey Bruce! This is Tom from NewGlass, and I wanted to let you know that we won’t be shipping your order this week.” I said, “Oh? What’s the problem Tom?”
I fully expected that my card was declined, or my address was incorrect, or they were sold out — nope!
Tom told me that “we noticed that there are freezing overnight temperatures en route to your address, and we didn’t want your product to get spoiled by frost”
I was dumbfounded for a moment and then said, “Tom, this is amazing! I did not expect to receive such personalized service from NewGlass. I really appreciate that you called to let me know what the situation is with the order.”
Tom said, no problem, we do this for all our customers who live up in colder climates.
It’s refreshing to work with a great vendor. I can’t recommend the company enough.

Bruce Ross

Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3367 Posts

Response Posted - 02/26/2024 :  21:52:09  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce - That is impressive! Looking forward to finding out how it works compared to Polyglot.

Every so often you get surprised by a manufacturer or vendor that takes the time to reach out directly to the customer and you remember those times!

Larry
'89 Robin's Nest#5820, Potomac River/Quantico, Va
http://catalina25.homestead.com/olarryr.html
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 03/01/2024 :  22:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is truly great to hear!

It's amazing how so many companies go out of their way to give poor customer service thinking it costs them money to take care of their customers. In reality, great customer service will help you grow your business. If you give great customer service you almost can't screw up (as long as you're offering a decent product).

Everyone hates bad or no customer service and we've become so used to it that when someone does give great customer service everyone talks about it (as we should) because it's such a surprise in this day and age.

I will pay more for a product or service simply because a business gives great customer service.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 03/03/2024 :  08:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They just called me back yesterday to let me know that the shipment is on the way. Yet again, great service. I think New Glass is trying to enter a competitive market against Poli-Glow and the other polishes available for boaters.
We’re going to see nighttime temperatures in the upper 40°s so the package will not freeze in transit. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Bruce Ross

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page