Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Matt's got a new boat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Heartbeat
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
161 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/09/2023 :  12:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, everybody.

I sold my TM/FK Heartbeat and trailer back in 2016 (or so) and I miss having a sailboat. I started looking lesiurly 3 years ago, but got serious about a year ago. I had a line on a Capri 25, but the seller decided to hold on to it.

I was looking for a boat that was either in race fettle, or close to it. It got to the point that I really just wanted Heartbeat back. There just wasn't anything on the market that was even close.

That changed in September.

I found and bought a Tartan Ten in nice shape and reasonable sails. Big red beast fully kitted out and hull #239 from 1980. No trailer, but on Lake Erie, so we will either keep it there or motor it up to the Detroit river.

I'll still check in here from time to time, but if you see a red hull and flat deck out on Erie, it's probably me.

I'll post a picture when I remeber how to get that to work here.

former Captain of Heartbeat
Catalina 25 Tall

Heartbeat
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
161 Posts

Response Posted - 10/09/2023 :  12:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CyMM0GjOzbP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

(I can't figure out how to get it to embed.)

former Captain of Heartbeat
Catalina 25 Tall

Edited by - Heartbeat on 10/09/2023 13:11:44
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 10/09/2023 :  14:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! You got a jewel, and a Tartan 10 was born to race! There should be some Tartan 10 one design race fleets in Lake Erie. There's one at Sandusky and might be others around Lake Erie. Enjoy! https://www.sanduskysailingclub.com/tartan-ten-fleet-16

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/09/2023 :  19:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful! The T-10 is a truly iconic one-design racer, especially on Lakes Erie and Michigan, and I always loved the lines. It seems like it arrived around the time the J-24 appeared on the east coast--that first J appealed more for club fleets nationwide (maybe for being more trailerable), but the Tartan was better for Great Lake conditions. I recall some big names in sailing being involved in the T-10 N. Americans over the years.

Enjoy!!

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page