Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Home Ports-Map Your Boat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 12/19/2010 :  10:00:01  Show Profile
I was thinking about our international members too, some I hope you guys will be posting up. A sticky would be a great Idea too.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 12/20/2010 :  14:48:15  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage
except it took me 10 minutes to find this post again after you stickied it!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

skybird
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
135 Posts

Response Posted - 12/20/2010 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Visit skybird's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Prospector</i>

Why do you winter store that far south!?! They must drain your reservooir or something.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

We drink it and wait for it to rain again!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Unsinkable2
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
273 Posts

Response Posted - 12/21/2010 :  11:25:23  Show Profile  Visit Unsinkable2's Homepage
Unsinkable2 had been added at the exotic sailing location of Utah Lake...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Prospector
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
3159 Posts

Response Posted - 12/21/2010 :  20:24:22  Show Profile  Visit Prospector's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skybird</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Prospector</i>

Why do you winter store that far south!?! They must drain your reservooir or something.

We drink it and wait for it to rain again!

I do something similar with beer, except I make the rain.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Salvation
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
32 Posts

Response Posted - 12/25/2010 :  10:22:09  Show Profile
"Salvation", a Catalina 250, has been posted in Nassau Bay (Clear Lake) Texas.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

skybird
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
135 Posts

Response Posted - 12/25/2010 :  23:20:33  Show Profile  Visit skybird's Homepage
Good deal, a representative from the other coast. Welcome!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Salvation
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
32 Posts

Response Posted - 12/26/2010 :  05:16:52  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skybird</i>
<br />Good deal, a representative from the other coast. Welcome!

Not many of us around here on the Texas coast...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

skybird
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
135 Posts

Response Posted - 12/26/2010 :  13:02:59  Show Profile  Visit skybird's Homepage
Gary B is down there at Kemah

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

PCP777
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1225 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2010 :  08:22:11  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Salvation</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skybird</i>
<br />Good deal, a representative from the other coast. Welcome!

Not many of us around here on the Texas coast...

I think there are a lot of boats and members who haven't posted in this thread. On my dock alone we have four C-25's in a row and my boat is flanked by two forum members but they haven't added themselves to the map yet. There are a BUNCH of C-25's on our lake in the four sailing marinas. It will be interesting to see what this map looks like in 6 months, if people can find this topic.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2010 :  12:28:17  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> if people can find this topic <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think taking it out of the active thread area may have been the wrong thing to do.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2010 :  14:59:00  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
If we put it back to an active thread, my concern is that if its not updated then is will get lost, meaning it may end up on page 2. By having it as a sticky, it stays on top of page 1. I added the additional name, "Map Your Boat" hoping to get more attention but if you feel there is something else, by all means change it.
Steve Auerbach, Treasurer

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

PCP777
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1225 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2010 :  15:08:38  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by piseas</i>
<br />If we put it back to an active thread, my concern is that if its not updated then is will get lost, meaning it may end up on page 2. By having it as a sticky, it stays on top of page 1. I added the additional name, "Map Your Boat" hoping to get more attention but if you feel there is something else, by all means change it.

I think a sticky is the best idea.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Salvation
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
32 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2010 :  17:42:34  Show Profile
"Map your boat" is what caught my attention...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 12/28/2010 :  18:07:20  Show Profile
Andiamo has been added on Clear Lake, TX

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 12/28/2010 :  21:31:07  Show Profile
I'm up there now, in the new slip that I'll have next season.

I'm so used to seeing all the stickys at the top that I will subconsciously filter out any topic that is in that area. YMMV

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

skybird
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
135 Posts

Response Posted - 12/28/2010 :  21:45:58  Show Profile  Visit skybird's Homepage
I automatically scan the last posting date on the right side and look at any that have posted since the last time i looked. Seems quicker that way

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  06:56:57  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> If we put it back to an active thread, my concern is that if its not updated then is will get lost, meaning it may end up on page 2 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'm sure you're right Steve. It's kind of a no win situation, but the "map your boat" addition was a good idea and should keep people noticing it.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  08:09:38  Show Profile
How about moving this thread into the active section, and create a new stickied thread that is locked, and contains nothing but a link back to this thread? That way you have the best of both worlds - it exists in both places, and all contributions get directed to the active thread, which continues to bump it back to the top.

Edited by - TakeFive on 12/29/2010 08:11:05
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  11:42:44  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
Rick, six of one, half a dozen of the other. Please note that almost 1200 has seen the post, only 69 replies but only 31 have actually entered their location. I am a little curious why most have not completed! It may be due to complexity or security, I am not sure. I will be addressing this issue at our next Officers Meeting in Jan. 2011.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  14:13:03  Show Profile
Huh, it appears (as of this posting at least) that we've lost our southwest folks!!!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Prospector
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
3159 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  18:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Prospector's Homepage
OJ, do you mean some markers were lost from the map, or that folks in the SW have chosen not to place markers? I am not sure why markers would be lost from the map.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  18:55:10  Show Profile
Chris,

Using Windows XP, IE 7 at work I was unable to see the CA and TX pins.

But this evening using Windows 7, IE 8 I can see them.

OJ

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Prospector
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
3159 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2010 :  19:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Prospector's Homepage
Weird! I am on Firefox at home and IE at work. It all seems to work for me.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
822 Posts

Response Posted - 12/30/2010 :  07:12:07  Show Profile
As already noted there has not been an overwhelming response to map boat locations. Holiday schedules certainly are a factor but I suggest the apparent complexity of the effort may also be a factor. It is not difficult, but it appears so. Error feedback from the application is no response and this topic is now spread out over 3 pages. In addition, other than seeking Chris's help, I do not see a way to edit marker locations (plz correct me if I'm wrong - I'd like to update mine). I suggest the guidelines for mapping one's boat location be summarized and posted with the URL as the sticky note in the forum and all other discussion be posted elsewhere. If we want participation, the protocol must be clear and succinct... fwiw.
<ul>
<li>To other than view the site, first time users must register by providing their email and a password of their choice </li>
<li>If you intend to add a marker for your boat's location, you must first "Unlock" the map using the pwd "Iris" (case sensitive) </li>
<li>To add a marker ... </li></ul>

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page