Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 C25 FKSR Sailing Muskegon, MI- SOLD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ape-X
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Initially Posted - 06/03/2013 :  03:58:15  Show Profile
Thanks all for the kind words on Moe's condition. I have an accepted offer, and waiting for check clearance to sign over the title. Unfortunately Pete, the new owner had to listen to me describe all the systems and on and on....will miss her.

ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED

I have agressively priced, having picked up another boat already. It is bittersweet selling Moe U'Hane,

Solid boat:
Fin keel
Full batten main with upgraded mainsheet traveler
All sails immaculate condition,

link to ads with pictures below

Entertaining ALL offers. Can work out delivery details as negotiation of sale...

Standing rigging inspected and replaced many components, incl brand NEW open turnbuckles and rebedding all deck fittings. NEW through deck elect connection, new mast wiring back to panel. ALL NEW switches on panel (see good old boat thread, C25 section) Sails still in box from servicing. CETOL on companionway hatch and cockpit trim rings.

Help me sell this boat, I want to put attention into the O'Day instead. Will be available for sea trials this weekend (Muskegon, MI)

All offers seriously considered.

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/boa/4011320937.html

155% Genoa, roller bearing furler.
Full Batten Main
BOTH SAILS LIKE NEW CONDITION
L-Shaped table layout
Marine Head
Pop Top w/cover
9.9 Honda o/b
cradle

Look for this to be updated as time passes and i can recall the rest of my "list" The boat was in need of TLC when I bought her, and all systems have been gone through, and she is a solid boat.

2013 Refurbished sails at SailCare (new tell tales, mast slugs, sewn numbers and sunbrella strip blue)
faired keel, 2000 interprotect 2013
VC17 yearly
new boot and sheer stripe
Rebed all stanchions
(undercut coring, fill epoxy, redrill, butyl seal)
Rebed all standing rigging
Replaced factory wiring to mast
Refinished all interior teak (teak oil)
Replace all interior wiring
LED cabin lights
new masthead light
Cetol exterior teak
new open turnbuckles
CD stereo
VHF w/masthead antenna
windex

....much much more
pictures to follow on CL ad.

s/v No Worries, O'Day 28
PO Moe'Uhane - C25 SR/FK #1746

Edited by - Ape-X on 10/19/2013 02:52:48

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9016 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2013 :  06:45:26  Show Profile
"You done 'er good!" Sounds like a good buy! Somewhere in MI?

Best of luck!

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 06/03/2013 06:46:32
Go to Top of Page

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2013 :  06:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
With all respect, where is damn link?

Good luck with sale.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/03/2013 :  06:58:24  Show Profile
I will work on a craigslist ad tonight, and update my original post with the link, which will have pictures too then. Thanks all, yes, she is coming back in fine form. Not to where I was planning, but enough that she is not the ugly duckling at our marina anymore. Location: Muskegon, MI. Torrenson marina is very close by, we have haul-out capability at our marina. Currently in the water, new sails still boxed and on-board.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/04/2013 :  09:22:48  Show Profile
ok a few pictures aded to the CL ad. Over the weekend I can take specific pictures if anyone is interested in specific areas. Perhaps some better exterior as well?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/06/2013 :  09:12:45  Show Profile
well Craigslist brings 4-5 obligatory spam e-mails:
2 asking I e-mail them directly, no other comments
1 asking for a "homie hookup"
and another not quite sure, "sitting in a chair in my living room thinking about your boat" whoa!?

I am heading to the boat this weekend: What pictures do you think are best? What are the big selling points to this group, and to CL groups???

For anyone on this forum, I will include substantial discount on selling price and include the tiller auto-pilot...

Edited by - Ape-X on 06/06/2013 09:13:18
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/06/2013 :  16:32:51  Show Profile
patience is a virtue......that I no longer contain. Taking suggestions on sale ad locations (Craigslist already) and Sailing texas pending.

CL seems to bring up spam e-mails phishing for a valid e-mail address to bomb. Too bad really.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9016 Posts

Response Posted - 06/06/2013 :  19:18:53  Show Profile
Just don't accept any "bank checks" for substantial sums over the asking price, where you are to arrange shipping (to Nigeria) and send back the remainder of the amount. First, the "bank check" bounces (3-4 months later), and both your boat and the money you sent them are gone.

(No, I didn't do it, but I got the offers--three different times when selling boats.)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/07/2013 :  09:16:15  Show Profile
http://sailingtexas.com/201301/scatalina25315.html
listed Sailing Texas....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 06/07/2013 :  14:43:15  Show Profile
If the new buyer doesn't want the whisker pole or tiller pilot I'd be interested.

Nice looking boat with many update features. Should go fast.

Edited by - GaryB on 06/07/2013 14:44:00
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/11/2013 :  07:19:40  Show Profile
Updated ad: pictures and phone number added. :O)
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/3848190547.html

I have additional pictures for those interested. Bilge, wiring, and additional interior pictures, (likely only pictures that those on this forum would aprpreciate)

Edited by - Ape-X on 06/11/2013 07:26:35
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/13/2013 :  09:33:38  Show Profile
Father's Day special: Cat25 assoc members take 15% off asking price ($5100!) I would love to see this go to an enthusiastic assoc member.

For a solid boat: fin keel, with full batten main, all sails immaculate condition, fresh bottom, refurb interior. Systems are RIGHT. Some really nice mods incl. full beam mainsheet traveler. She really sails nice.

and again, additional pics available.
call 419 three four four six 2 six one or e-mail imkeene at msn dot com.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2013 :  06:44:34  Show Profile
SO the father's day special will carry on... Boat is slipped in Muskegon ready to go.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/24/2013 :  03:39:32  Show Profile
Gary B I can bring the tiller pilot and whisker pole home with me to get and post up pictures. I broke an end fitting this spring, and have the new ends on order. Tiller pilot purchased and never got to install. needs extension and elec fitting. e-mail me: imkeene at msn dot com

put in offer for either or both. Thanks!

Freshwater Catalina 25, Honda o/b and no calls?!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 06/25/2013 :  18:54:53  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ape-X</i>
<br />Gary B I can bring the tiller pilot and whisker pole home with me to get and post up pictures. I broke an end fitting this spring, and have the new ends on order. Tiller pilot purchased and never got to install. needs extension and elec fitting. e-mail me: imkeene at msn dot com

put in offer for either or both. Thanks!

Freshwater Catalina 25, Honda o/b and no calls?!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Sorry for the slow response. If you've got some pictures of both could you send them to c25 at gbsweather dot com?

Also, if you could list the parts that are missing so I can get an idea of what I will have to source I'd appreciate it.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 06/29/2013 :  11:52:50  Show Profile
*ding* back to the top.... I will be working to distribute to additional craiglist and updating prices from 6k to 5.1k on Sailing Texas.

HELP: Any additional non-broker sites??? At this price, a broker would likely not be interested. (unless a brokerage sale is preferred???

Gary: I will also send some pictures, now that vacation is winding down.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 06/29/2013 :  12:21:04  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ape-X</i>
<br />*ding* back to the top.... I will be working to distribute to additional craiglist and updating prices from 6k to 5.1k on Sailing Texas.

HELP: Any additional non-broker sites??? At this price, a broker would likely not be interested. (unless a brokerage sale is preferred???

Gary: I will also send some pictures, now that vacation is winding down.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thank you!

Did you get a chance to shoot some photos?

Edited by - GaryB on 07/01/2013 15:19:23
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:10:38  Show Profile
Gary: I e-mailed photos to you this morning. If you did not receive, posthere or e-mail Im keene at msn dot com

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 07/05/2013 :  16:12:42  Show Profile
wow, without any calls, I am looking for suggestions on pricing: Considering all offers, what would peak YOUR interest???

will include slip for remainder of season.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2013 :  13:04:36  Show Profile
So the potential buyer decided health concerns really are closing off sailing to him. Shame as the boat shows well, and he really liked it.

I have reduced price further to peak more interest/calls: $4500, slip negotiable. Bring any offers directly to phone or e-mail. (see linked craigslist ad)

I will be updating as time permits the other ads, just make offer, don't worry about advertised price.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 07/17/2013 :  18:55:37  Show Profile
Sorry things didn't work out for you. I honestly have to say that if I didn't already have a boat and I had a trailer for a fin keel boat I'd drive up and buy your boat tomorrow. It is a very nice boat!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 07/18/2013 :  04:20:29  Show Profile
Thanks Gary! Texas is a bit of a haul. Anyone have estimates on time to sail the great loop on a C25? That may get close enough to you Gary ;O)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 08/08/2013 :  04:31:39  Show Profile
Still plenty of sailing time left people... Would love to see Moe out on the water more often

Everything is ready just bend the sails on and go!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 08/23/2013 :  10:11:15  Show Profile
back to the top: For sale, bring offers. Check Muskegon, MI craigslist for the ad: $4050 new price.

Pictures available on request

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 08/23/2013 :  11:43:28  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Michael, your CL links no longer work, might want to update them.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ape-X
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
662 Posts

Response Posted - 08/23/2013 :  13:15:08  Show Profile
Thanks Dave, link in top post updated...
Seriously for sale

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page